Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My promise...

I promise to update this more often because there are SOOOO many Nolan-isms that go untold because I let months go by before updating. So ya, I'm going to be better! :) Of course some of the stories you just have to be here to see because it's hilarious, and if I were to put it into words it just wouldn't be the same.

I've also decided to update weekly with a new project....Muffin Tin Mondays. I got the idea here








We planned to start this past Monday...but we had company and I postponed it til today. Nolan thought it was a fun and we even made it into a picnic in the living room (although the weather was so nice I really should have done a real picnic!!)

Today's theme was the letter A and the menu included:
Apple Juice
Apple slices
Avocado
Animal Crackers
Artisan Bread (ok...the Artisan Bread I had went bad due to being full of goodness and no preservatives...so I lied and gave him regular old wheat bread)
Asiago Cheese (I lied again...I don't have Asiago cheese...I have string cheese!!!)

Ok...so the letter A was harder than I anticipated!!! I had asparagus in the house...but he won't eat that! :)

Next Monday's theme is 'Birds and nests". Not entirely sure what we will make as the only thing that comes to mind are robin's eggs (you know that yummy easter candy?) and I don't think that is a healthy lunch for a toddler. If I can't come up with anything I'll just do my own theme of the Letter B...which should be a LOT easier than the Letter A!!!

Nolan of course continues to grow and change and is a really fun kid. His passion for rocks is almost as intense as his love for cars. We've been working on sharing and JUST today shared with two kids without throwing a massive OH-MY-GOSH-MY-LIFE-IS-GONNA-END fit. So that's my win for the week!!

I have photos...but those will have to be posted later! See you next Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment